Songwriters and Composers:
Enter the New Year with NO FEAR!
Do you know you have a great piece of music or song, but you are afraid to put it out there because there is so much theft of music in the world?
Have you already been through the painful process of having your music ripped off and misused – or are you afraid you will?
This Course is the Solution You Are Looking For!
Are you ready for step-by-step guidance to get copyright protection for your songs? Are you ready to learn how to do it in the most cost-effective way – and in just about an hour's time?
You can have the relief of knowing your songs have the best copyright protection at the best price. You can have the confidence of sharing your music with the widest audience you can build, knowing that you have the tools to protect and defend your music around the world. You can be free of the constant nagging worry of the worst case scenario happening – or happening again – in which your songs are being used by others with no acknowledgment, input, or profit coming to you.
The Ultimate Guide to Copyright Songs is the solution you have been looking for, to get you where you want you and your songs to go, with full protection.
This program is for you if:
- You are ready to do what is necessary to make sure your songs have the proper protection
- You don't want to waste time and money making costly mistakes in a complex process
- You want to get this done now
- You want to feel inspired and confident as you go forward moving your music and message forward in the world
The Ultimate Guide to Copyright Songs is designed for you to listen to and use and get your copyright protection DONE for your music. Give yourself just about an hour to get through the course, make decisions about what you want to register and how, and give yourself just about an hour more to get through the registration process and be DONE!
The Ultimate Guide to Copyright Songs contains:
- Video overview of U.S. copyright registration
- Video breakdown of key terms and procedures in clear everyday language using the paper forms for copyright registration, with key forms included in module as PDFs
- Video walkthrough of how to set up an account with the Electronic Copyright Office (eCO), and how the terms and procedures work in eCO
- Video discussion of how to make a key decision on types or registration in a way to save time and money
- Video walkthroughs of the entire registration process and the key closing stages
- Bonus material: One-sheets and worksheets on the international advantages gained by U.S. copyright protection, and copyright solutions for two or more co-writers
This course will teach you:
- How to power through the U.S. copyright registration process so you can have your rights in your songs recognized and protected around the world
- Step by step detail of what to do during registration so you can take what could be a long, complex process and get through it in just about an hour
- Gain insight on how to select and group songs for registration so you can save potentially hundreds of dollars in the registration process
- Valuable bonus material so you can build on the business foundation proper copyright registration provides
Testimonials and Success
"Deeann is a lovely human being. She truly cares about the welfare and rights of music creators in all aspects. Through combining professional research, her own experiences and that of others mixed in with a heart that is for us, in an industry were there are those who only seek to exploit, she is a breath of fresh air. I highly recommend her."
-- Helena Lawton, Songwriter
"Thank you for
teaches how to
-- Garrett Hope, Founder, The Portfolio Composer
Deeann D. Mathews is the author of The Freedom Guide for Music Creators, a concise book explaining the basics of the music business. She is also the creative director of Praising Pilgrims Music, a publishing company of music and music-related materials based in San Francisco, California. Ms. Mathews is also active in several musical, educational, and community organizations in the San Francisco Bay Area, and with several choirs.
StartGetting Started in eCO (3:15)
StartStandard or Single Application (5:10)
StartType of Work in eCo (1:59)
StartTitles in eCo (2:56)
StartPublication and Completion in eCo (2:36)
StartAuthor in eCo (3:05)
StartClaimants and Limitation of Claim in eCo (2:47)
StartRights, Correspondent, Mailing, and Special Handling in eCO (1:49)
StartCertification and Review in eCo (2:01)
StartPayment and Submission of Work in eCo (4:35)
StartCopyright Office Processing Times
StartAcceptable File Types for Uploading in eCo
StartQuick Tips for Working in eCo